Software Engineer, Frontend
Software Engineer, Frontend
Do you want to join a team of pioneers working at the frontier of neuroscience and technology to exponentially increase human potential and flourishing? Are you excited about the prospect of helping establish a foundation for the emerging neurotechnology revolution?
We have an exciting opportunity available for the right person to join us at Intheon, a San Diego based startup powering the integration of advanced neurotech within everyday life. We are pioneering a comprehensive platform for brain-computer interfacing and brain+body signal processing and analytics. Our products and tools are used by leading companies and research institutions around the world to accelerate scientific R&D and to empower developers to create transformative brain- and body-aware applications impacting health and wellness, human performance, the future of work, learning, experiential technology and entertainment, and more.
At Intheon you will be working with a multidisciplinary team of experts at the frontier of neuroscience and neural interface technology and helping to create the next generation of our online platform for advanced multi-sensor neural/bio signal processing and AI-powered data analytics and real-time brain-computer interfacing in the cloud.To learn more about Intheon’s vision, visit these resources:
- TED talk by Intheon CEO Dr. Tim Mullen - “The Mind is the New Frontier”
- Spotlight talk at BrainMind Summit @ MIT
- Talk at Transformative Technologies Conference 2020
- Lecture Series “Introduction to Modern Brain-Computer Interface Design” by Intheon CTO Christian Kothe
- Contribute significantly to the development and expansion of our cloud platform for advanced multi-modal neural/biosignal processing, data analytics and reporting, and real-time brain-computer interfacing (BCI)
- Responsible for design, architecture, and development of beautiful and functional frontend user interfaces that seamlessly integrate with existing and expanding backend processing systems with a focus on serverless operations (AWS)
- Contribute to the deployment, testing, and maintenance of our NeuroScale cloud platform and related products
- Responsible for development of new customer-facing cloud or desktop based web components in the neurotechnology space
- 3+ years of professional experience using React and/or Vue to build beautiful, highly functional, and interactive web applications in a fast-paced production environment
- Worked on one or more web applications with a large user base in a front-end development role
- Significant experience working with CSS features such as responsive layouts, cross-browser compatibility, etc. in a production environment
- Security-focused mindset and solid knowledge of security-conscious web dev practices
- An excellent understanding of application design and architecture
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related discipline (if you have extensive demonstrated industry experience, exceptions can be made)
- Experience with deploying and/or configuring AWS backend services in production a major plus (e.g., CloudFront, Route53, S3, CodePipeline, Lambda, API Gateway, Cognito, DynamoDB, ECS/EKS)
- Solid experience with deployment of web applications in production (CI/CD pipelines, test frameworks like Selenium/Cypress; routing, auth, etc.)
- Prior production experience building backend functionality (e.g., REST APIs, node.js or Python)
- Solid coding experience with Python
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Experience with development of desktop web applications (i.e., Electron)
- Disciplined, motivated, and able to self-manage one’s time and tasks
- High degree of accountability, taking ownership of and responsibility for successful completion of tasks at a high level of excellence and in a timely fashion
- Ability to identify bottlenecks and resolve performance and other technical issues
- Comfortable with tackling challenging problems in new domains, and rapidly gaining new experience
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth. Dedicated to lifelong learning as well as sharing new ideas, getting help from others, and lending help where needed
- Enthusiastic about quality, design, and the user experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English) and technical writing ability (including very well documented code)
- Strong teamworking skills and ability to collaborate remotely or in person within a dynamic, interdisciplinary group of professionals
Competitive salary and benefits with significant opportunity for growth in a cutting-edge domain with profound societal impact.
This is a full-time position with flexible location: on-site in San Diego, or remote (USA/Canada preferred, EU applicants accepted, but must be willing to work a schedule that at least partly overlaps with work hours in California). Note: Intheon will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work visas (e.g. H-1B) for this position.
Staff Scientist – Neuroscientist
Staff Scientist – Neuroscientist
Taking advantage of large-scale electrophysiological (e.g. EEG) data is essential for training robust powerful machine learning systems capable of decoding brain state in complex environments. At Intheon you will be responsible for developing and applying technologies for large-scale EEG data analysis, powering the coming generation of brain-based human-machine interfaces where neurotechnology is integrated into everyday life.
- You will work directly with our senior staff on advancing the state of the art in large-scale EEG data processing and management.
- You will develop new computational methods for combining EEG features across multiple studies (meta-analysis).
- You will interpret analysis results and publish them in scientific journals.
- Doctorate (Ph.D) or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computational Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology or a related field. Doctorate preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills, ability to self-manage projects, and a desire to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging high-tech startup environment working on advanced research projects.
- Collaborative, positive, team-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated experience with statistical modeling for M/EEG data (or a related field, e.g. neurophysiology), including general linear models and multivariate statistics
- Demonstrated familiarity with EEG literature with a track record of high-profile scientific publications
- Significant MATLAB programming experience (2+ years)
- Demonstrated excellent programming capabilities (clean, documented code)
- Demonstrated excellent technical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with modern software development standards
- Demonstrated experience with advanced EEG analysis such as Source Estimation (LORETA variants, ICA), Dynamical Systems (DCM), or Network/Connectivity Estimation algorithms (strongly preferred).
- Prior experience with EEGLAB software
- Prior experience with data curation and neuroinformatics technologies
- Prior experience with Deep Learning
- Familiarity with MATLAB object-oriented programming
- Prior experience in Python programming
- Familiarity with version control and issue tracking environments
- Prior experience with conducting psychological experiments
- 2 years of postdoctoral experience
This is a full time position at our San Diego office.
Note: Intheon will not sponsor applicants for work visas (e.g. H-1B) for this position.
How to Apply
Please apply for these positions through our Indeed.com jobs page or directly via email to email@example.com.
If you have a github or other public code repository, please include a link with your resume!
Intheon is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment for all. We welcome all applicants, and each applicant is considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other status protected by applicable laws and regulations.